Triathlon at Lake Pearl
ABOUT THE HOCKOMOCK AREA YMCA TRIATHLON
This friendly sprint triathlon returns for its eighth year! The race is welcoming to beginners, youth/junior triathletes and paratriathletes. All proceeds benefit the Reach Out for Youth and Families Campaign. The Y was proud to sponsor the first paratriathlete-friendly race in 2013 in New England and again in 2014.
- 1/4 mile SWIM, 9 mile BIKE, 3.1 mile RUN.
- Swim is in a calm lake, with an in-water wave start.
- Bike and run provide moderate hills through Franklin, Norfolk, and Wrentham.
- Centrally located and easily accessed grass transition area.
- Free tech tee and finisher medals. Top 3 finishers in each category will also be recognized with place medals.
- Club competition with trophy to first place team. Club members are also eligible for individual medals.
- Open Water Swim clinics and course previews will be conducted at the race site. Dates TBA.
- Field limited to 400 racers.
- Youth: 14 and under
- Junior: 15-19
- Age Groups (Male & Female, 20 years+)
- Clydesdale (Male 200+ lbs)
- Athena (Female 165+)
- Relay Teams (Male, Female, Mixed): 2 or 3 person teams allowed.
- $65 until 12/31/2013
- $75 until 3/1/2014
- $80 until 6/1/2014
- $85 until 7/19/2014
- $95 day of race
Relay Teams (2 or 3 person):
- $135 until 12/31/2013
- $145 until 3/1/2014
- $150 until 6/1/2014
- $155 until 7/19/2014
- $165 day of race
All racers must be either USAT annual members, or purchase a one-day license for $12. (Youth 17 and under: $10)
Please note, online registration closes on Thursday, July 17th. You may register by calling Michael at 508.643.5225 until Saturday, July 19th at noon. After that time, spots may be available day of event beginning at 6:00am on Sunday, July 20th.
USA TRIATHLON SANCTIONED EVENT
Race Organization Provided by USAT level II Race Director, Eric Averill.
Athletes can be penalized for drafting, blocking, crossing the centerline, use of headphones among other violations. Helmets are mandatory. Be sure to review current rules at: www.USATriathlon.org
REFUNDS, TRANSERS, CANCELLATIONS
The Hockomock Area YMCA Triathlon has a no refund policy. Be certain that you can race before registering. No transfers between athletes, events, or the following year's events are permitted. In the event of inclement weather, we reserve the right to shorten, alter, or cancel any portion of this race. In that case, there will be no refunds.