Aquatics at Hockomock Area YMCA
We strive to provide fun, safe aquatic environments that foster swimming as a life skill and part of a healthy lifestyle. Our YMCA offers a variety of programs that allow all ages and abilities to enjoy our pools.
YMCA Pool Rules, Guidelines and Swim Test Policy
Parent-Child (Ages 6 months - 5 years)
• Shrimp/Kipper/Inia (Ages 6-18 months)
• Perch (Ages 18-36 months)
• Pike with Parent (Ages 3-5 years)
Preschool (Ages 3-5 years)
• Pike 1
• Pike 2
Youth (Ages 6-12 years)
• Polliwog 1
• Polliwog 2
• Flying Fish
Teen & Adult (Ages 13 and up)
• Stroke Clinic
Private Lessons (Ages 3 and up)
• One on one instruction focuses on the individual needs of the swimmer, whether it is overcoming a fear or working on a specific stroke or skill. To request lessons, fill out a request form at the member service desk.
Puffins Pre-Team (Ages 5-8)
• Foxboro only. For children who have completed Ray or Guppy and are interested in preparing for swim team.
Intro to Competitive Swimming (Ages 8-14)
• For children who are Fish level or higher, who may be interested in joining a swim team. A great way to improve strokes and build endurance.
Intramural Swim Teams (Ages 6-14)
• For children who are Minnow level or higher who are interested in advancing to a competitive swim team. Improve stroke technique and build endurance while learning what it's like to be part of a swim team.
HAY Lightning Swim Team (Ages 6-18)
• A competitive YMCA and USS registered association swim team that practices at all 3 branches of the Hockomock Area YMCA. The team is broken into groups based on ability and age.
• Short course runs September to March
• Long course runs April to July
• For more information, visit the team website at teamunify.com
HAY Masters Swim Team (Ages 18 and up)
• North Attleboro only. An opportunity for adults to improve stroke technique, build endurance and get a good workout.
• Free for YMCA members.
Youth Fitness Swim (Ages 10-15)
• Enjoy swimming as a lifelong sport and part of a healthy lifestyle by swimming laps and increasing your endurance.
• Free for members of the YMCA.
Homeschool (Ages 6-12)
• Franklin only. Learn basic swimming and safety skills, as well as have the opportunity to socialize with other homeschool families.
Synchronized Swimming (Ages 6-adult)
• Foxboro only.
• Beginner and intermediate levels available. Learn synchronized swimming skills while having fun with your friends.
Vacation Week Programs
• SPLASH! (Ages 3-12) Offered at all 3 branches during June break week. Get ready for summer with this week long program of safety and swimming skills. For beginner swimmers.
• Stroke Clinics (Ages 8-18) Offered over December, February and April break weeks. For children who are Minnow level or higher and are interested in improving their stroke technique and endurance.
Water Fitness Classes
Ages 18+ See the current pool schedules for class offerings at each branch. Free for members.
• Arthritis Foundation's YMCA Aquatic Program provides soothing exercises in shallow water, specifically designed for people with arthritis.
• This water workout is as intense as you make it. Class includes stretching, cardiovascular activity and muscle conditioning. Great for those of all fitness abilities.
• This impact-free high intensity workout burns calories and tones muscles while you dance and move to Latin music.
YMCA Lifeguard Class (Ages 16 and up)
• For strong swimmers who want to become lifeguard certified. Must attend 30 hours in class plus 10 hours of online training and pass a written and water test.
CPR and First Aid (Ages 13 and up)
• Learn basic first aid and safety skills for adults, children and infants. Complete an online training followed by an in-class skills session and written test.
Invensys Foxboro Branch
Assistant Aquatics Director, Emily Jones email@example.com | 508.772.1324
North Attleboro Branch
Aquatics Director, Edwin Fladger firstname.lastname@example.org | 508.643.5229
Hockomock Area YMCA Association
Head Coach, HAY Lightning, Sue Roycroft email@example.com | 508.643.5224