Aquatics at Hockomock Area YMCA
We strive to provide fun, safe aquatic environments that foster swimming as a life skill and part of a healthy lifestyle. Our YMCA offers a variety of programs that allow all ages and abilities to enjoy our pools.
YMCA Pool Rules, Guidelines and Swim Test Policy
Parent-Child (Ages 6 months - 5 years)
• Shrimp/Kipper/Inia (Ages 6-18 months)
• Perch (Ages 18-36 months)
• Pike with Parent (Ages 3-5 years)
Preschool (Ages 3-5 years)
• Pike 1
• Pike 2
Youth (Ages 6-12 years)
• Polliwog 1
• Polliwog 2
• Flying Fish
Teen & Adult (Ages 13 and up)
• Stroke Clinic
Private Lessons (Ages 3 and up)
• One on one instruction focuses on the individual needs of the swimmer, whether it is overcoming a fear or working on a specific stroke or skill. To request lessons, fill out a request form at the member service desk.
Intramural Swim Teams (Ages 6-18)
• For children who are Minnow level or higher who are interested in advancing to a competitive swim team. Improve stroke technique and build endurance while learning what it's like to be part of a swim team.
HAY Lightning Swim Team (Ages 6-18)
• A competitive YMCA and USS registered association swim team that practices at all 3 branches of the Hockomock Area YMCA. The team is broken into groups based on ability and age.
• Short course runs September to March
• Long course runs April to July
• For more information, visit the team website at teamunify.com
HAY Masters Swim Team (Ages 18 and up)
• North Attleboro and Franklin only. An opportunity for adults to improve stroke technique, build endurance and get a good workout.
• Free for YMCA members.
Youth Fitness Swim (Ages 10-15)
• Enjoy swimming as a lifelong sport and part of a healthy lifestyle by swimming laps and increasing your endurance.
• Free for members of the YMCA.
Water Fitness Classes
Ages 18+ See the current pool schedules for class offerings at each branch. Free for members.
• Arthritis Foundation's YMCA Aquatic Program provides soothing exercises in shallow water, specifically designed for people with arthritis.
• This water workout is as intense as you make it. Class includes stretching, cardiovascular activity and muscle conditioning. Great for those of all fitness abilities.
• This impact-free high intensity workout burns calories and tones muscles while you dance and move to Latin music.
YMCA Lifeguard Class (Ages 16 and up)
• For strong swimmers who want to become lifeguard certified. Must attend 30 hours in class plus 10 hours of online training and pass a written and water test.
CPR and First Aid (Ages 13 and up)
• Learn basic first aid and safety skills for adults, children and infants. Complete an online training followed by an in-class skills session and written test.
North Attleboro Branch
Aquatics Director, Edwin Fladger firstname.lastname@example.org | 508.643.5229
Hockomock Area YMCA Association
Head Coach, HAY Lightning, Sue Roycroft email@example.com | 508.643.5224