THE POWER OF Y VOICES
Stated simply, everyone belongs at the Y.
The Hockomock Area YMCA strives to make our programs and services available to all in our community - regardless of one’s ability to pay. The need is great and growing.
Each and every day, we focus on being there when our friends and neighbors need us most. In putting our mission into action, our Y is for Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility.
We believe that lasting personal and social change can only come about when we work together to invest in our kids, our health, and our neighbors. Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors in our community to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income, or background has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive. Our Reach Out for Youth & Families campaign is the embodiment of our belief, and is an annual campaign to provide a Y experience to more than 15,000 local children and families.
Your gift will make a difference! Please consider a gift today at the following giving levels:
• $1,200 will welcome 4 cancer survivors into our LIVESTRONG at the YMCA program and provide their families with a family membership during the 12-week program.
• $900 provides one month of childcare to help working parents provide for their family.
• $512 supports 8 kids on a team in the Youth Soccer League who will learn skills and sportsmanship.
• $300 will welcome a cancer survivor and their family into our LIVESTRONG at the YMCA.
• $298 helps tomorrow's leaders grow and develop through the teen Peer Leaders program.
• $198 provides one week of camp for a child to have fun, build confidence, and create friendships.
• $152 supports 3 kids in the Creative Cooking class who will learn how to prepare healthy meals and develop good eating habits.
• $202 pays for one-year membership for a teen to have a place where he truly belongs.
• $75 lets a child into a youth league to learn how to shoot a basketball and learn what it means to be a team player.
• $49 gives a child the opportunity for six weeks of dance lessons to build character and self-esteem.