The Hockomock Area YMCA collaborates with a number of organizations throughout the fifteen communities we service.
The Bernon Family Branch at Work in the Community:
- BASE (Bellingham After School Experience) Childcare and Enrichment -- operates in the Bellingham Public Schools.
- Dean College Tuition Program -- operates in cooperation with Dean College offering a $50 tuition discount to Hockomock Area YMCA members enrolled in Dean’s School of Continuing Education.
- Dean College also collaborates with the YMCA in program development, space allocation, and related activities to benefit our communities.
- School's Out Program -- operates at the Bernon Family Branch with transportation available from Franklin, Medway, Milford and Norfolk.
- Senior Fitness Collaborations -- operates in cooperation with local Councils On Aging.
- Sports Collaborations -- operates with the Norfolk Recreation Department, Bellingham Public Schools, Hopedale Parks and Recreation Department, and Dean College.
The Invensys Foxboro Branch at Work In the Community
- Foxboro, Sharon and Mansfield Public Schools-- The Invensys Foxboro YMCA and Foxboro, Sharon, and Mansfield Public Schools partner to create programs and events to help students and families create sustainable change related to healthy lifestyle choices. Some of these programs and systems include Walk to School Days, Incentive Challenges, Fitness Days, Family Nights and Healthy Choice Forums.
- Norwood Hospital and Brigham and Women's/Mass General Health Care Center: Free lectures and screenings for the community on various wellness themes.
- Patriot Place-- Patriot Place retail stores and restaurants and the Invensys-Foxboro YMCA collaborate on a range of events and projects including family dinners, field trips, family walks at the Ocean Spray Trails and education nights.
- Foxboro Council on Aging-- offers fitness classes by the Invensys Foxboro Branch staff at the Foxboro Council on Aging at 75 Central Street in Foxboro, and at the Sharon Council of Aging in Sharon.
- Sturdy Memorial Hospital’s Foxboro Center for Women's & Family Health-- Collaborates as a full partner with the Foxboro Branch in addressing the needs of women and children.
The Mansfield Branch at Work in the Community
- Attleboro Arts Museum -- Our collaboration with the Attleboro Arts Museum enriches the offerings we provide to youth and teens in our surrounding communities. We partner for program offerings and summer camp.
- Mansfield High School -- Through this partnership, we support Journey to Resiliency at Mansfield High School.
- Orthodox Congregational Church -- Nursery-school programming is available through a collaboration with the Orthodox Congregational Church on West Street.
- Qualters Middle School-- The Club EXCEL (Explore, Create, Evolve, and Learn) operates after school at Qualters Middle School in Mansfield.
- School ’s Out Program -- After-school student transportation to the Mansfield Branch is available from Jordan/Jackson and Robinson Elementary Schools.
North Attleboro Branch at Work in the Community
- Collaborations - operates with the North Attleboro High School Gymnastics Team, NAHS Swim Team, Massachusetts Audubon Society, the Attleboro Art Museum.
- Collaboration with Sturdy Memorial Hospital -- offers a cardiac rehabilitation program.
FOR TEENS: Our Downtown Teen Center is a drop-in center for teens between the ages of 12 and 18 and is available at not cost. It is centrally located in downtown North Attleboro directly across from the Fire Station.
- Middle School Workshops -- Classes are available at the North Attleboro Middle School.
AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS: Our School's Out Program is available at the North Attleboro Branch, and also in the North Attleboro elementary schools and middle school and in Wrentham elementary schools.
FOR SENIORS: We offer Senior Fitness Collaborations in partnership with the North Attleboro, Plainville, and Wrentham Councils On Aging.